Breakfast is served
Bacon. Pancakes. A little crunch added to a perfectly cooked, fluffy pancake is the kind of breakfast you’d only expect to exist in Heaven. But fear not my fellow bacon enthusiasts. Not only is it real, it’s right here. And it’s delicious.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 24 slices cooked bacon
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together until foamy and stir in butter.
- In a second bowl, whisk together dry ingredients to evenly distribute salt and baking powder.
- Gently, but quickly, mix the dry and wet ingredients together until there are no lumps.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Batter will thicken slightly while sitting.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat while batter is sitting. Lightly grease with butter or oil once hot.
- Drop batter onto griddle in 1/4 cup sized scoops.
- After about one minute, break bacon slices in half and press into the top of the pancakes, four slices for each one.
- After another minute, bubbles should be forming on the sides of the pancakes. Flip over and cook for an additional 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.
- Only flip once, and serve hot. Great with real maple syrup or peanut butter. Do not share.