Breakfast just got fancier. And baconier.
Some days, scrambled eggs just don’t cut it. You need a little zest, a little flair, to start the day off right. When these days (normally a Tuesday) come around, a truly satisfying breakfast is what you need. It doesn’t get more satisfying than a bacon tomato and cheese frittata. Bacon just got a lot fancier.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- salt and pepper
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
- Add oil to skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add add onion, salt, and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Drain exccess moisture from tomatoes and add to skillet, cooking until pan is nearly dry, about another 5 minutes.
- Crumble bacon strips and add to the vegetables with oregano.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with some salt and pepper and pour over tomatoes. Distribute over vegetables evenly with wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and cook undisturbed until eggs begin to set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm. Enjoy with a feeling of accomplishment that you could never get out of your day to day life. Do not share.