Everyone loves fries, but you don’t really love them yet. You think you do, but the truth is you just know deep down that there is something missing from fries. Some addition that’s been overlooked. Some detail that’s slipped through your fingers. Well don’t worry folks, cause we’re here to solve this mystery right here and now. What you needed, was to have your sweet potato fries wrapped in Bacon. See? Simple I know.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into matchsticks (width of your pinky finger)
- 8 oz of Bacon (sadly, thick cut won’t work well here, so don’t get that)
- Preheat oven to 420°F and place oven rack in center of the oven
- Slice each piece of bacon in half lengthwise, and then in half width wise as well. You should have 4 strips from 1 piece of bacon
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon around one matchstick sweet potato. It should look a little bit like a candy cane
- Place wrapped sweet potatoes on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper (safe in oven up to 420°F)
- You shouldn’t have any leftover potatoes, since you clearly would have cut excess bacon (if you didn’t, you’re clearly new here). Toss extras in pan to bake as well.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes feel soft.
- Now broil them all until the tops get crispy. Let cool slightly and then eat. Do not share