Forget your health people. You only live once after all. What kind of life are you living if you can’t enjoy both the magical wonders of the bacon combined with the questionable quality of meat that is a delicious hot dog. Exactly… you’re not living at all. That’s exactly why we’re making these bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Adding cheese here because why not? It’s awesome, and you should totally thank us.
- 1 hot dog
- 2/3 ounce chunk cheddar cheese
- 1 slice bacon, thin sliced recommended
- Ketchup and mustard and any other ingredient you’d like to add
- Split the hot dogs in half lengthwise but not all the way through. Open up flat.
- Cut each piece of cheese into 2 or 3 little sticks and insert into the slits as shown in the photo below.
- Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around a hot dog from one end to the other. Adjust the bacon so that it is evenly distributed along the length of the hot dog.
- Place them on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil on the top oven rack until the bacon is crisp. Watch them closely after the first couple of minutes so that the hot dogs don’t burn.
The carb count will vary depending on the brand of hot dogs you use. Some hot dogs like Oscar Meyer usually have 1 carb each, but many also have 2 carbs each. Not that I care… because look how beautiful this is. Let’s talk about the cheesy hot dog wrapped in Bacon and not those depressing carbs.