Here’s another excellent recipe straight out of Grandmother’s Kitchen for all of you adventurous chefs and culinary experimenters. It’s a Loaded Bacon and Potato Casserole, filled with cheesy goodness, among many other things. Let us know how it works out for you in the comments down below, and remember you can always make more bacon than listed… because bacon.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to crispy, and crumbled (You can make more if you’d like additional happiness)
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-hot skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove from heat onto a paper towel and let cool.
- Once cool, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Layer half of the potato slices in dish, overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle minced garlic over potatoes.
- Next, sprinkle shredded cheeses and bacon. Layer the rest of the potato slices on top, overlapping slightly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour the milk mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle chopped parsley across the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until custard is cooked and set.
- Let rest 20 minutes before cutting and serving. We also recommend that you Do Not Share.
If you liked this recipe, consider sharing it with your friends and family. Also FOLLOW US ON TWITTER… because we’re new there, and sharing is caring.