Asparagus not required, but it's a nice touch.
Pork chops are great, especially when you grill’em up outdoors on a Sunday afternoon. Imagine this: It’s a beautiful sunny day, and the weather is beautiful. The sun is warm as it strikes your face at just the right angle, and you know that you’re in for a great day in the sun. The kids are outside playing in the sprinkler, or the pool, or whatever kids play in these days… and the best part of it all: You get to grill. Oh yes you do!
But what do you grill? Surely there must be someplace online with an amazing answer to this question. Something tasty and elegant, but not too difficult. After all… we are grilling here. We want things easy. Suddenly you remember: You have BACONMEALS!! Of course, the perfect place to visit to save the day! You quickly find the perfect meal for this occasion: Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and of course… BACON!
… and that’s where this story begins:
- 2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (always feel free to add more though)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
Now that you have all of the supplies… it’s time to get down to business. Get our your grill, and get to work.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact.
- Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick.
- Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!
- Serve proudly. Do Not Share.