Hell yeah we’re gonna add cheese to bacon-wrapped meatballs! No, we’re not kidding around. That’s not how we do it here at Bacon Meals… well, okay, it sorta is, but enough about me. THIS IS DELICIOUS! Let’s learn how to make some of the best little party favors you’ll ever have. A creation so ridiculously delicious, you’ll actually regret making them now that your friends won’t leave you alone! The popularity contest is all but wrapped up and smoking good for you now, with these awesome Bacon-wrapped Meatballs with Cheese center! Let’s do this!
- 500 gr minced meat
- 1 egg
- crumbled rusk
- 20 mozarella salade balls
- 20 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub (use Don Marc’s Pig Wings)
- BBQ Sauce
Now that you’ve got what it takes to make this happen… get down to business!
- Mix the, egg. minced meat, crumbled rusk and dry rub into your favorite bowl.
- Mix until you have a smooth mixture. Don’t be afraid to get those hands messy. It’ll be worth it. Trust me.
- Take bit of the minced meat and flatten it in your hand. Place a ball of mozzarella cheese in the middle of it, and form it into a ball around the cheese.
- Roll it in the palm of your hand until the surface becomes smooth, maybe a little larger than a golf ball.
- Roll the meatball in a slice of bacon. To activate “hard-core” mode, use several pieces of bacon in a weave around each ball. If there are any strips of bacon left over… just cook those up as well. Why not, right?
- Smoke the meatballs in the barbecue (if you’re the real deal), or in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the magic take over for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Brush on some BBQ sauce and let it sit on the barbecue for another 5 minutes to finalize this masterpiece.
- Enjoy these bacon balls with a cold beer. Do not share.
Amazing job and thanks to Pitmaster X for their creation. 🙂